Thursday 10 February 2011

Footsteps

I can hear footsteps
walking down the street
I can hear danger signs
wherever it is we meet

I can feel trouble
when I put my hand on the door
I can feel danger
and its going to hurt me even more

Why do we hurt each other
with the love we have
We should always stay together
through the good times and the bad.

But take me as you come
cos I took you as you was
You're all the people that I'll ever need
so take me as you come.

I took a bit of liberty when writing the last stanza for this poem; trying to find the fluency of rhyming come, was and need all in the same time.  I wrote this years ago and like most things it is an instinctive draft, when I write I believe it to be the best one.  When I re-read things from years ago, I sometimes feel I have to trust my judgment otherwise I would have made alterations there and then. And be honest to the person I was then as it made me the person I am now

No comments:

Post a Comment