Thursday 10 February 2011

World Go By

Why does it take so long to wait?
Why do we never appreciate?
The little things that make the day go by
While the world is still spinning round

Chorus
I could say everything that floats within my mind
But I'd rather stay silent and let the world go by

I hear the things that they all say
But it doesn't matter anyway
I've learned that you take it as it comes
But when it comes it's quickly gone.

Chorus

But saying something doesn't get what you want
I'd rather stay silent and bite my tongue

Chorus

I must have been frustrated when I wrote this down.  I went through a period of writing the sequence or series of coming, going, toing and froing; appearances are deceiving, but I will take you anyway. I think that was really my inner soul saying I would take any girl at that moment, and not care of consequences. A recipe for STD's not LOVE, but I was working in a place where you could go from a high to a low in a moment and when you do that it does affect you. Nevertheless, I am pleased with the flow of this piece, verse-chorus-verse-chorus. A proper song if someone could put a nice melody to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment